The energy itself is never a final consumer good, rather is an intermediate good to meet the needs of the production of other goods and services. As scarce resource energy is a profitable source of business to control energy resources.
Considering the use or not of certain raw materials, such as fuel or radioactive minerals, there are two groups of exploitable energy sources: non-renewable energy and renewable energy.
Non-renewable energies, as the name suggests, exist in limited quantities in nature and once they are consumed, they can’t be replaced. This energy is obtained from fossil minerals and radioactive minerals, so that we can distinguish two types:
– Conventional energy: they use fossil fuels such as oil, coal or natural gas.
– Atomic or nuclear energy: they use radioactive minerals such as uranium and plutonium.
Renewable energies are obtained from the seemingly inexhaustible natural sources, either because of the immense amount of energy they contain, either because they are able to be regenerated by natural means.
They are the following:
- Wind energy, obtained from wind;
- Geothermal energy, which is obtained by tapping the heat of Earth’s interior;
- Hydro energy, obtained from the movement of water currents, tides or water jumps;
- Energy tidal, obtained through tidal power;
- Solar Energy, which uses electromagnetic radiation from the sun;
- Kinetic energy, produced by movement;
- Biomass: this term may be used directly as a definition for the case of wood, for example, or indirectly in the case of biofuels (ethanol, for example, can be obtained from the distillation of wine; or methane is obtained from organic waste);
- Ocean thermal energy, which is obtained using the difference between surface ocean waters, warmer waters, and deep ocean waters, cooler, which make move a heat engine to produce electricity;
- Osmotic power, which is obtained by the difference of salt concentration between the sea water and river water, by putting into contact the two kinds of water through a membrane that allows water, but not the salt, to pass through;
- Thermal-electric energy (generated by thermocouples), which is produced when two different metals at different temperatures are put in contact, forming a union, and between both sides of this union is generated an electromotive force;
- Fusion nuclear energy fusion, which is a science experiment to try to demonstrate that it is possible to produce energy by nuclear fusion for commercial purposes;
Our company is well informed about the infrastructure development plans in key areas of the world and we work to connect business in different areas of energy production, studying and proposing projects according the scale of the activity of our clients.